About Hymns for Trucks
My name is Craig. I made this album for myself, and then for you.
Here’s what I want you to know about it:
- These songs point toward God. Prayers, re-interpreted psalms, statements of faith.
- They’re all wrapped in a sound that I once described to a friend as “timeless.” He says that means “old.” He’s got a point. You’ll hear echoes of the ‘70s and ‘80s in these tunes. Listen and decide for yourself.
- These songs are meant to be played loud, with the windows rolled down. Preferably in a rusted-out Bronco.
- If you don’t have a rusted-out Bronco, a minivan or a reasonable Civic will also work.
- And if you don’t believe in God, that’s okay. Give them a listen anyway, you might still like them.
- Recording these songs started as a way to recharge in the evening and on weekends. Because I’ve loved music ever since I played the bells at my second-grade concert.
- Then these songs just turned into the kinds of songs I wanted to hear. I wish there were more rowdy God-haunted songs in the world.
- Then I thought, if I want this kind of thing, I should share it with friends and family and whoever else wants to listen to it. So here you go. Hope you enjoy it.